I want to buy an excercise machine but I don't want to spend alot of money.

I cannot excercise outside in Texas too many bugs and the heat.......
I would like a Treadclimber but $5000 no way I have to save for my daughter's college. What is the best piece of excercise equipment.

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 19, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• Check places like Craigslist. There are sooo many people who buy equipment and only use it a few times. If you don't have luck there, try a used equipment store.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:05 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• Amazon has ellipticals starting at $100

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• The best kind is the kind you use :)
    Seriously though, don't buy new. Have you checked local thrift stores and internet?
    I have a bowflex style unit for $20
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:03 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• Get yourself a video exercise they have tons to choose from and they are fairly inexpensive, the treadmill is bulky and most people I know that have one never use it, instead the hang clothes in it!

Answer by older at 2:03 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• I think my treadmill was $700ish. It's a proform and I think it's good when I get the motivation to use it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:22 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• depends on what YOU like and will use... I like bowflex type machines - treadmills and bikes (and use dvd's ) but I HATE HATE HATE elipticals!
    look around, check ebay or craigslist for equipment we had a bowflex type system that we got for around 300 dollars off of ebay (had to get rid of it due to an out of state move)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• check use first...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 10:32 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• I would try a good treadmill !! Check your local classified ads first for a used one at a good price !!! Good Luck to you ! !
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 7:04 PM on Jul. 22, 2012