I want to buy an excercise machine but I don't want to spend alot of money.

I cannot excercise outside in Texas too many bugs and the heat.......
I would like a Treadclimber but $5000 no way I have to save for my daughter's college. What is the best piece of excercise equipment.

Asked by booklover545 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 19, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• Check places like Craigslist. There are sooo many people who buy equipment and only use it a few times. If you don't have luck there, try a used equipment store.

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:05 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• Amazon has ellipticals starting at $100

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• The best kind is the kind you use :)
    Seriously though, don't buy new. Have you checked local thrift stores and internet?
    I have a bowflex style unit for $20

Answer by feralxat at 2:03 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• Get yourself a video exercise they have tons to choose from and they are fairly inexpensive, the treadmill is bulky and most people I know that have one never use it, instead the hang clothes in it!

Answer by older at 2:03 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• I think my treadmill was $700ish. It's a proform and I think it's good when I get the motivation to use it.

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:22 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• depends on what YOU like and will use... I like bowflex type machines - treadmills and bikes (and use dvd's ) but I HATE HATE HATE elipticals!
    look around, check ebay or craigslist for equipment we had a bowflex type system that we got for around 300 dollars off of ebay (had to get rid of it due to an out of state move)

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• check use first...

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 10:32 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• I would try a good treadmill !! Check your local classified ads first for a used one at a good price !!! Good Luck to you ! !

Answer by isismoon3 at 7:04 PM on Jul. 22, 2012