Getting a kitten and bunny together. Bad idea?

There are no other pets in the home. Lots of space. Just me and my 5 year old son. Kittens from the shelter are already litter box trained.

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Jul. 19, 2012 in Pets

• Well,cats eat rodents.....

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:09 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• My adult male cat befriended a wild rabbit that used to come and steal the parsley from my garden..I snapped some really cute pics of them sniffing each others noses and hanging out that I wish I could post for you, but my iPad refuses to cooperate. I'd say go for it!

Answer by chocolatluver at 2:10 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• I would go for it. With them growing up together they'll be best buddies.

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• go for it

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• Just do some research on bunnies before you get one...about their diets and whatnot and realise that they are easily startled and not big on being picked up/held- they can break thier backs trying to get away

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:39 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• Well,cats eat rodents.....

Oh really? So do people. I actualy had a cat and a bunny and they were the best of friends. They used to hang out in the sun together and my cat terrorized the other pets, but not the bunny. I say go for it!

Answer by Gin_Sins at 3:29 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• people eat rodents. Well yeah,but people don't follow their base instincts and eat their pets

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:35 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• I think if you get a kitten young enough it's totally possible, but don't expect the kitten to grow up liking all bunnies. It' like cats and dogs, my dogs and cats get along great, but my cats don't like all dogs.

Answer by marshsmom at 8:09 PM on Jul. 19, 2012