when to induce?

So i had an appointment today and doctor wants to induce due to very LARGE baby. I measure 42 weeks on growth ultasounds.(we've done 3) He said to make another appointment for friday(my 39 week mark) to discuss the inducement and check cervix. He said he needs to call labor and delivery and all that. How does that work will he induce after the appointment on friday or a couple days away? When do you think or what happened in your case?Thanks so much!

babybump3166

Asked by babybump3166 at 9:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know about your case but, my inductions were emergencies. Just to let you know not all inductions end in c sections. Good luck. He may try and wait until its his time to be on call so, he can deliver the baby himself.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Since you're only 39 weeks, you still have a good 3 weeks before your "due month" is over. Unless there is a medical emergency, there is no reason to induce. You're body knows when it's time and the more interventions the doctor performs, the more complications can arise. I would just advice you to walk up a storm, keep active and just listen to your body and not rush things. Even if you're measuring big, it's not a reason for induction. Good luck...you're close! :)
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 9:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I'm not going to tell the doctor not to induce me if he thinks that is whats best. My baby is 9lbs right now. and my due date is 100% accurate. We've done 3 ultrasounds that all say she is big. It is dangerous for me and her if we wait longer. This is what ive been told by my doctor and im sure he knows better than me.
    babybump3166

Answer by babybump3166 at 9:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• your dr. will probably send you over to L&D after your appointment on friday.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2009