Please help

I am nursing my 8 month old daughter and she refuses to take a bottle. I would like to pump and feed her via bottle but she won't take it. She wakes up 2-3 times a night to eat and i'm sick of not getting any sleep. How do I switch her from nursing to a bottle. The strange thing is, she used to take a bottle when she was younger. Now she cries if you try to feed her with one. I know that all she wants is the skin on skin contact but I would really like stop nursing. I can't be away from her for more than 2 hours. It has been a long 8 months. Please help me. There has got to be something I can do. If i just let her cry then she cries and cries and just falls asleep without eating.

Runjoy85

Asked by Runjoy85 at 9:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sorry I can't help you as I was not able to BF but good luck someone will have an answer for you I'm sure!
    bigtrucksgirl

Answer by bigtrucksgirl at 9:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• The first few times I gave my daughet a bottle dh or I would take off our shirt so she'd still get the skin on skin, but actually feed her with a bottle. After a day or two she got use to it. Good luck!
    Tams_jade

Answer by Tams_jade at 9:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• usually by that age they wake up out of habit, not hunger. It might be time to break the habit. Good luck, I know it's hard. I secretly am I little jealous of formula feeders because they can leave their baby for a long time.
    Anonymous

• Have you tried letting someone else feed her the bottle. I was told when I introduced the bottle while BF'ing that I would have to leave the room so my son wouldn't hear/see/smell me. When they know the "real thing" is around, why settle for a replacement....lol?
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2009