I want another baby

I want another baby but my husband isnt too fond of the idea. We have 2 beautiful little girls but I have always wanted 3 kids. Lost month we thought that I was pregnant because I had been sick off and on for 2 weeks and I was 5 days late for my period. I took a test and it came back negative then like 3 hours later I finally started. I still feel really weird though. Have any of you ever convinced your husband to let you have another baby even though he didnt want one? I love being able to care for my children and ever since I thought I was pregnant last month I have been really upset. I want this baby and I wish that he wanted it too. I need help getting him to agree to it. Or should I just "trick" him into getting me pregnant?

agrafel

Asked by agrafel at 9:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• NO don't trick him!! maybe put your infant nurturing instincts to use volunteering in a hospital nursery or daycare? Remember our kids need nurturing throughout their lives. My oldest is 25y o and then 21 and 16yo. All three pretty grown and still mothering is done and nurturing into and through young adulthood into being on their own. Two are in college and one in hs. How old are your kids? Is it a boy that makes you want another baby? Don't know how to help there. But whether it happens or not I can tell you that mothering does not ever stop, the love, the guidance, learning myself to bear with their decisions.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I have a 2 1/2 year old and my youngest is almost 1. I am trying to keep them close together. My girls are 19 months apart and when we thought I was pregnant I figured it up and these 2 would have been 19 months apart. My husband won't admit it but I know from the way he has talked to his dad before that he wanted a little boy. I would like to have a little boy too. My husband can't really bond with our girls in the way he can with a little boy. With a boy he could take him fishing, baseball and football. I love being with my little girls but I just dont feel like my family is complete. Like I said, I have ALWAYS wanted 3 kids.
    agrafel

Answer by agrafel at 9:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I know just how you feel. I'm in the same situation. I too want another, I have 3 ages13,5,5months. My hubby doesn't want another but he always dreamt of a daddy's girl since my 13 year old girl is not his and he feels he missed out on that. I feel like I was ment to have 4 kids and I really want it before my 36th B-day next year. Let me know how it works out for you.
    1grl2bys

Answer by 1grl2bys at 4:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2009