• In the Spotlight:

What are your best ways to study?

I am going to school and I need tips. What are your best study techniques? Your best memorization techniques? Anything! Thanks so much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have to study with music. And flash cards are always the best way for me to memorize things.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 9:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Highlight all the key words. Read the bold print, titles, summaries, and captions. That worked for me through college and grad school. Good luck!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Flash cards helped me with terminology. Constant pointing to and speaking out loud of the bones, muscles, and anatomy on a human body helped.
    When I read text for the first time, I just read it straight through. Then I go back and read it slowly to absorb it thoroughly while highlighting key words, starring important sections, and underlining words I do not know in red ink to look up.
    I take my courses through an online college and I hear that many students either print out the assignments and notes or just keep referring back to them as they do their assignments. I prefer to handwrite mine into a notebook, word for word, so that I can comprehend what the professor is asking and what the goal(s) of the assignment is/are.
    It also helps to form a study group in order to help each other. Many ideas come from the minds of others.
    Best wishes to you!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:47 AM on Feb. 3, 2009