Who can I talk to about TRISOMY 18

Im 17 weeks perg. and my docter just reacently told me my unborn baby has 1 in 87 chances of having TRISOMY18 and if so my child my not live

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Health

• I know someone who had a son who was born with Trisomy 18, please send me a message and I will gladly share her screen name, I know she would be more than happy to talk to you!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• My baby was diagnosed last week with Trisomy 18. This is the hardest thing that I have ever been faced with. I wish you all the luck in the world and am praying for you and your baby. If you need to talk I am going through it too and would love to be able to share any support that I can!
    NewMamaMowJoe

Answer by NewMamaMowJoe at 4:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Don't look at them odds. My daughter was born alive and she's now 2 months old. She is a complete trisomy 18. She has the VSD which is common in T-18 babies. There is a big support network on face book for T-18 mommies and families.
    Buddyboosmom

Answer by Buddyboosmom at 5:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I am 37 weeks pregnant and didnt find out that my daughter had trisomy 18 until i was 32 weeks..its a sad thing..and im prahying for the families that is dealing with this..and please keep myself and my daughter in your prayers also
    Mommy2Alexus

Answer by Mommy2Alexus at 6:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2009