is this normal for 38 weeks????

im 38 weeks along 4 days ago i went to er for contrations and they sent me home but said they were real contractions...everything stopped day 2 day 3 everything started up contractions every 5 minutes and hurt i could still walk and talk so we waited on going in, i was fine all day yesterday untill 2am started having them bad and real pinchy but coudl still tlak through them. I got so tired and slept through them. No breakage of water but whats going on is this normal????

mocamomma22

Asked by mocamomma22 at 9:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I personaly don't think it is normal. I would call your doctor. You can never be too sure. I always say " I would rather call and have them tell me everything is ok then to not have called and something happen." Good luck I hope everything is ok!
    Runjoy85

Answer by Runjoy85 at 9:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I had a friend who was in labor on and off for a few days like that. She was so miserable! I am sorry that it's taking so long for your little one to get here!!!
    kathleen2603

Answer by kathleen2603 at 9:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• just becuase your water didnt break doesnt mean it wasnt real labor. call L&D next time. they had to break my water the first time, and the 2nd my water broke right before i was gonna get the epidural.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:10 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• my birthing teacher told us a story of her best friend...She went into labor 5 times in the last two weeks of her pregnancy. They would start up and go strong for a bit and then stop. Sounds like your getting close but I would still call your doctor and let him/her know whats up. Good Luck and congrats early!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• thank you all i didnt think this was right

mocamomma22

Answer by mocamomma22 at 10:59 PM on Feb. 2, 2009