SAHMs do you ever get bored from being a SAHM? Working moms, do you ever feel guilty?

I'm just curious. Just read an article that did research on the psychological study of SAHMs vs. Working Moms and the results showed that SAHMs were more depressed than working moms.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/15/study-working-moms-are-ha_n_1152202.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Jul. 20, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• I myself don't like being a SAHM, I love working and I love what I do. I can't wait to get back into working (even some think that it makes me a bad mom). I feel like I rarely have an adult conversation with anyone other than my husband (who I don't see until evening). My day is all changing diapers, baby talk, and disciplining a toddler. I hope I get the job I applied for, plus I think that daycare would be good for my daughter.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 2:58 AM on Jul. 20, 2012

• I work full time. I went back to work when my daughter was 5 weeks old. I also have older children and didn't work when they were younger. I hated going back to work. And she is almost 2 and I still don't like it. It is great to get out of the house for awhile, but I hate missing the day to day stuff with my kids. School stuff with the older ones and the things the youngest is learning every day.
    Amanda0712

Answer by Amanda0712 at 3:06 AM on Jul. 20, 2012

• I agree I hate staying home too...been thinking about going back to school but not really sure what yet,everyone that knows me knows I love animals and think I should go to be a vet tech which sounds interesting.I also want to open up my own animal shelter and be as big as the SPCA.I love helping out with unwanted pets and do fostering and also adopted a few animals.I also agree with adult conversation I sometimes also catching my self talkingin baby talk when I talk to someone my age it is soooo embarasing...LOL:).But deff gonna do something with my life other then being home all the time it does get depressing:(.
    mommyjenn29

Answer by mommyjenn29 at 3:07 AM on Jul. 20, 2012

• I don't work because I don't need to but I would give anything to get a job and have the need to get ready every morning and leave the house !
    I love staying at home and taking care of my family but sometimes I really just want a job ! I think it's healthy !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Jul. 20, 2012

• i work full time right now and i am ucky enough to not only have a job i really love, but it is a very family oriented plac and i do not get a hard time if i need to leave early or take time off for something with the kids. i also dont have to put my kids in daycare cause dh is home with them during the day so i think that makes it easier for me. i told him though that even if i did not have to work i would still like to at least work part time because i like the time i get with other adults and being able to make my own money. i give sahms a lot of credit. i honestly don't know if i could be home all day every day and not lose my mind.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:45 AM on Jul. 20, 2012

• I was in school full time when my boys were little & that gave me a lot of flexibility in my sched. to still spend a lot of time w/ them. I worked at a job I hated after my dau was born & switched to a more family friendly job that I love by the time she was a year old. I love the flexibility in my schedule that allows me to be the kind of mom I need to be & want to be! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:19 AM on Jul. 20, 2012

• I've recently retired. I'm raising grandchildren. I love staying home.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:40 AM on Jul. 20, 2012

• When I worked after DD, I hated it. Every moment I was there, I felt guilty and selfish...not to mention I didn't get to spend enough time with her...3-4 hours in the evenings and weekends were spent running errands, cleaning, laundry, etc. Hated it.

I've been a SAHM since she was 13 months (going on 6-1/2 now) and I absolutely LOVE it. I've heard that I should be bored or depressed or whatever, but I'm not. I never have been. I am so happy with this situation and would absolutely hate it if I ever had to go back to work. Yes, I plan to remain a SAHM.....I'm involved with the PTO and DD is involved in extra-curriculars and I'm sure that will continue throughout her school life and then I really want to be available to watch my grandchildren when she has kids!! :-)
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:06 AM on Jul. 20, 2012

• I don't feel guilty for working because I do so to support him and give him the best I can. My employer knows I have a child so I very.rarely work long or crazy hours. I feel sad sometimes, but not guilty.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 8:31 AM on Jul. 20, 2012

• I have loved staying at home, and I'm never bored! I worked when our oldest was little, and I felt guilty every day for leaving him. It was especially difficult on days when he was clingy. And the thing that bothers me most to this day is that he is the most insecure of all our children. Maybe coincidental, but true nonetheless and still a cause for a twinge of guilt every now and then!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:40 AM on Jul. 20, 2012