8 weeks old 1 nap and eating every hour

DS has only taken one 1 hour nap (he may have slept 5 min here and there when I wasnt lookin) today and has been eating every hour, besides my nipples killing me, is he ok? He still has wet diapers but is crying over EVERYTHING!! help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Welcome to newborns!! My first girl ate every other hour and for 45 minutes total for the first 4 months of her life. I learned very quickly to pump to help save nipple pain and pick up some lanolin cream for the nipples. Tea bags too help them stay healthy. It is completely normal for your kid to hit a spurt and et excessively and cry. If he isnt in pain and hysterical then he is just goign through a growth spurt. You will have many more over the next 5 years and same episodes. Its normal and ok. Hang in there! My child also didnt sleep but 30 minute cat naps for the first 9 weeks of her life, then she went to 2 hour naps in the night nd wasnt sleeping more than 4 till 16 weeks lol ugh It was hell but your not alone!
    Hol-e-Mole

Answer by Hol-e-Mole at 9:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Maybe it's a growth spurt? Other than that I'm not sure : /
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I have been BFing for almost 6 months and have never had nipple pain. never had to use cream. Maybe you should contact a lactation consultant if hes not latching on right maybe hes not getting enough food? Im not sure. good luck.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:48 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I use lanolin and I dont have a pump those cost money, and he is latching fine its just the repeated feedings im more worried about his sleeping
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 10:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2009