Switching formula to milk

My daughter is 9 months old and we are working on switching from the bottle to a sippy cup with her formula. She loves drinking out of her sippy cup but as soon as there is formula in it she likes to be stubborn. I was wondering when you all switched from formula to milk. I think it might be easier to just do milk and the sippy cup switch at the same time.

Taegansmom04

Asked by Taegansmom04 at 9:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• switch at 1 year. You can't go earlier because their stomachs aren't ready for it
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Actually you can go earlier if your pedi agrees that is is okay.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i tried switching my son at 9 mos and when i told my doc he said no put him right back on formula because milk doesnt have enough iron and it can make ur child have an iron deficiancy, but then again my mother in law tells me that she didnt have formula for her kids (my fiance and his brother) and so she gave them milk from day one and they ended up alright (i guess! lol) so it depends on what u feel is right
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 9:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• ask the doc but i say wait till one year! u could still use a bottle and put off the sippy cup to one year too!
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 10:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2009