to many showers???

im 37 weeks
and just a few days ago i started to feel like i smelled really bad every where on my body
it does not matter how many times i change my clothes and take shower i still feel like i smell really bad
is this normal or not really?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know it's normal for us pregnant women to have a hightened sense of smell...so maybe it's just you that smells yourself? What does your SO say? I feel like I always smell like garlic for some reason LOL.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 9:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• yes ur probably starting to go through some kind of nesting- i know when i was close to my due date i felt like my house was filthy even though i hsd just cleaned it i would mop my floor then an hour later i would mop again it was crazy
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 9:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I felt this way through my entire pregnancy. You feel and smell things you never noticed before. This sounds gross but I ALWAYS felt wet down there so I would shower three times a day. I still shower twice a day. It might not be the norm but you certainly aren't weird.
    efsuermann

Answer by efsuermann at 9:39 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• it's definitely the heightened sense of smell! i was disgusted by EVERYthing's smell. i am pretty sensitive to smell ANYWAY, and when i was pregnant i was nauseous all 9 months. a lot of it was because i worked in philly and the smells i encountered almost always floored me. ugh, the subway, the crazy guy who pissed himself, the sidewalk, the bus fumes... i could smell someone smoking a cigarette blocks away! it was horrible! so, yes, i think it's just your superpregnancynose! don't worry!
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 9:44 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• it's Definately normal..i hate it..i can smell myself so bad i wonder if others near me can smell me too..but if you're really concerned, bring it up to your dr at your next apt.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I am almost 36 weeks pregnant and I stink. On the weekends I dont hop into the shower till around 1:00 pm and I dont normally need to put deodorant on until after I shower cause what I had on yesterday worked till I showered...now, I have to put it on a couple times a day.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2009