Help with Binkie Baby!

My daughter (5 mos) ALWAYS wakes up when her binkie falls out of her mouth, and will not soothe herself to sleep. Suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine eats her lovey's. I would just keep an eye on her. You have to find something that will work for her. Find something that you can swap it out with even if it is a stuffed animal.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• We had this same problem. We took it away and exchanged it for a lovey (blanket with a stuffed animal attached to it). Taking the binkie away will take about a week if that is what you want to do. I wish you all the luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• By the way she sleep so much better now.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• *OP* when i give her blankies she tries to smother herself so im kind of hesitant. is that normal?
    Anonymous

• No. Is she just rubbing them on her face or is she trying to sleep with them over her face.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:44 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• she tries to sleep with them over her face after she rubs her forhead with them. and if she wakes up she tries to scrunch them up under her nose and eat them..
    Anonymous

• With my daughter I'd let her use the pacifier to fall asleep then gently pull it out of her mouth before laying her in her crib. Otherwise when it fell out of her mouth and hit the crib she'd tend to wake up. If you are going to take it away at this age I'd give her a small stuffed animal instead, especially if you're worried that with a blanket she'll suffocate herself. My first daughter had her pacifier until she was 18 mos. old. I tried to take it away at 12 mos. but it was too hard on both of us, but at 18 mos. she just gave it up on her own. And my 2nd daughter never used one at all. So all babies are different and only you will know if she is ready to part with it just yet.
    princesspalace

Answer by princesspalace at 10:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2009