Bad Nightmares.

My two year old daughter..Sehe has been suffering from nightmares, she screams and kicks in her sleep. I am worried because my baby sister, she is 12 now..She had really bad nightmares, she would get up in the middle of the night and chase after me, one time she got a butter knife out and chased me around the house, and nother time..She was sleeping in her room..Walked down stairs to my room and tryed to beat me and my friend up, bu we put her teddy bear next to her so she could beat that up instead..Would anyone know if this is heretitary?

chakerilynns

Asked by chakerilynns at 9:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hi this does sound alot like night terrors.............my son had those too. and my daughter still does........she is 11 now. i dont know if it is hereditary but i do know that your pediatrician can help. kids have nightmares for a variety of reasons and what seems wonderful and innocent to us can be subconciously frightening to a toddeler. my 16 yr old ( when he was 3 ) had alot of nightmares until one night he had a really bad one and i couldnt get him to go back to bed. i told him " mr bunny ( he got a stuffed rabbit for easter ) will stay up and keep the nightmares away" . after that he went to bed and didnt have another one again. after that as long as he had mr bunny he did not have nightmares. he out grew him when he was about 7. and still has him put away for his own child someday. hope this helps you.
    allforthelove

Answer by allforthelove at 3:48 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• it sounds like night terrors. I had them, and still do from time to time when I am really stressed out. Talk to her ped about it.

http://www.nightterrors.org/
    Anonymous