How long was your labor ... the longest/shortest if you have multiple kids?

Everyone told me to expect DAYS for the first one ... from the time my water broke until he popped out (there literally was a popping sound) was exactly 11 hours. 

My BFF's first one was, if I remember right, almost 3 days ... they finally had to do a c-section. Her second was schedule for a c-section on the mid-point day between her b-day and her anniversary (10 days apart) ... yeah, he decided he was coming three days BEFORE her b-day. 

My sister's BFF just squeezes them out. No effort. Just "push" and there they are! AND she has a hip replacement!! "S" is like those moms who everyone has heard about ... the ones who work in the rice fields ... just squat, have the kid and go back to work. I think her longest MAY have been 6 hours at the most. 

SpiritedWitch

Asked by SpiritedWitch at 11:34 AM on Jul. 20, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Both were induced. I had epidurals so I really only had some pain at the end. From Pitocin start to finish the whole labor was around 2-3 hours & I pushed about 4-5 times for each. Really a breeze.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:39 AM on Jul. 20, 2012

• 2 hours from start to finish....but I was induced 5 weeks early.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 20, 2012

• My first one I also had three days of labor then a c-section. I had false labor on Friday morning, (didn't know it was false) went to the hospital, and they decided I had toxemia, and kept me. They started inducing my labor at 9am. They continued inducing my labor until Monday morning. They decided to do a c-section, and my sons was born at 9:45 am on Monday...which happened to be labor day.

No food the whole three days, just ice chips!!

Second and third sons...planned c-sections.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:38 AM on Jul. 20, 2012

• First son- 13 hours natural labor, all went well, he was a healthy 7lb 10oz baby.

Second son- 7 hours natural labor, all went well except the cord was around his neck so he needed oxygen, and then he was fine. He was a healthy 8lb 13oz baby.

Third son- 15 min natural labor, I went through about 3 hours of active labor at home, and then finally decided to go in to the hospital. Everything went well, except the Dr broke his collar bone, and he needed to be on a billy bed for about a week. He was a 9lb 1 oz healthy baby.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:50 AM on Jul. 20, 2012

• All three of mine were induced within a couple days of their due dates. My first labor lasted 50 hours of painful but manageable contractions and 1 hour 15 mins of pushing. My second labor was 8 hours and 20 mins of pushing, and by comparison to the others, was a freakin breeze. My third was 16 hours of hell and torture with about 45 minutes of pushing.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:07 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• 1st - 12 1/2 hours - awful experience, he was much bigger than they thought, had to use a vacuum to get his head out, then break his shoulder to get the rest of him out because his shoulders were so broad, cord was wrapped around his neck multiple times and he was blue and unresponsive but they couldn't do anything to get him breathing until they broke his shoulder and got him out of me. He was in the NICU for a short period of time
    2nd - 7 hours
    3rd - 5 hours (induced)
    4th and 5th - csections (wonderful!!!)

Answer by missanc at 12:10 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• Son: 24+ hours that resulted in an emergency C-section

Daughter: was a planned C-section so no labor.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:13 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• Around 60 hours. I was dilating 1cm every 12 hours or so until my OB decided she was going to break my water (which I allowed, since I hadn't eaten since I went into labor, hadn't slept, they'd only allowed maybe 6oz of liquids and wouldn't let me go back home). After that it took about 6 hours, with about 5 minutes of pushing.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:23 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• Between 7-9 hours
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 12:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• baby #2 super breezy planned c section although the pregnancy included months in the hospital, home nursing, tube fed,e 70 pound weight loss, etc

baby #1 natural labor for 12 hours followed by pitocin & nubain for pain and 12 hours of stalled labor. his head swelled, never crowned, and my temperature spiked to 104 for reasons unknown at time. emergency c-section and he went home 4 days old totally healthy, I spent 2 weeks in icu and another 2 1/2 weeks on regular hospital floor having dialysis, infection surgeries, and treatments for staph and e coli
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2012