Paypal HELP

How does paypal work... I put a ad on a website and some one asked if I'd be willing to ship the item... I asked how they would want to do the payment if I did this and they said paypal... do I need a paypal card inorder for that to work... I looked at the website but I didn't really get much from it.

dtetz

Asked by dtetz at 9:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• You need a PayPal account. It's not a card. You give them a bank account number and they give you an account. When you authorize it, they will take money from your bank account to pay for things - like purchases you make on ebay - and they will put money into your bank account when someone buys something from you.

It is very easy to use. And very secure. What's nice is the other person never gets your bank account info at all. All payments go through PayPal and that's all the other person ever sees.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:03 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Kaycee was absolutely correct with her answer, I just wanted to add that if you are buying things with paypal there is no charge, when someone pays you with paypal they do charge a fee, it's usually not much. I don't know the percentage they use, but I just wanted to put that out there.
    I also agree with Kaycee that it is very secure, I use it for my ebay sales and purchases.
    And it is very simple to use.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 10:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• You will have to "upgrade" if you want to take credit card payments--it is then considered an business account. That is what I was told I had to do with an item I sold a few years ago. The charge is higher. I have used PP a lot and have never had a problem:-)

Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 10:48 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Thank you guys so much :)
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 9:57 AM on Feb. 3, 2009