Anyone a writer?

I'm a fiction writer. I've never had anything published, it's more of a serious hobby. I used to do a ton of fanfiction when I was younger, I started around age eleven (you wouldn't BELIEVE how horrible it was back then hahaha).

So does anyone else write as a hobby or for a living? I'm sure I could make a living off my stuff if I believed in myself haaa.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 9:59 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I write but never had anything published, I would love to get a book published one day. I've kept a journal since I was a teenager. Now I am branching out and using artwork in my journals, thats been a lot of fun. Do you get the magazines for writers? I used to and they had all kinds of great places to send in articles for publication, lots of resources. One mag is The Writer and the other is Writers Digest. Good luck!
    pinkcalla721

Answer by pinkcalla721 at 2:13 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I used to write for fun but now I just help my mom write her college papers for her PHD. She gets A's on all the papers I write for her.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 10:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I say GO FOR IT! I am not a writer ~ yet. It's my dream to have at least one book published before I die. But, I have to write it first ! I've written some newsletters and I love to write. Just writing an entire novel kinda scares me for some reason. I don't know how to go about it.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 10:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I've been slowly venturing into the writing field! I'm writing for two online sites...Triond and Associated Content. Anyone can write for them, really, so it's nothing special! It has been fun though! Triond has been especially great! There are a lot of really supportive people on there (it's a bit of a social networking site also) that are so nice! It's really a great place to take the plunge and publish articles online! Also...there is a New Writer's Club here on Cafemom...if you haven't already joined. Good luck with your writing!
    Lisa
    LisaPW1008

Answer by LisaPW1008 at 10:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I write, but haven't gotten anything published. Too lazy, lol. One day, I will get the nerve to finish one and get it published.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:52 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I used to write all the time in school, then life got in the way and I got away from it, but now I'm working on a story and I hope to have it ready to send out to a publisher in the next month or so.
    writingmomma

Answer by writingmomma at 11:41 PM on Feb. 3, 2009