Party favors for teacher?

My son is turning 3 next week and we're planning to have a little birthday party for him at school. I know they do this all the time - parents usually bring in cupcakes, they all sing to him, and then at the end they pass out little party favor bags for the kids to take home. His school is very laid back and I'm planning it with his teachers. But I'm trying to figure out what to do about the goodie bags - specifically, should I prepare something for his teachers? I know they have a hard job and they really do treat him well, so I want to thank them for their help with his party and for the generally good job they do.

I'm preparing goodie bags for the kids with a handful of little dinosaurs, a magnifying lens, some stickers and chocolates. I'm also making sugar cookies for our little family party at home since my son loves my sugar cookies. SO I was thinking of making a bigger bag for his teachers with the kids' goodies (since his teachers have kids too and they might like the loot) and adding a small plate of the cookies with a brief note.

Do people normally give something to the teacher at a birthday party at school? Would this be weird/awkward or nice? I'm kinda clueless about how this normally works...

Sorry this is so long, but thanks for the help!

Sebbiemama

Asked by Sebbiemama at 9:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2012 in

• I usually gave a small plant - you know the kind they sell at Walmart for $5 I would put the plant in a pot and tie with a ribbon
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 9:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• I went to a couple of dollar store-type of places and got books for the kids. As they got a bit older I got them $5 gift cards to Barnes and Noble and gave that out as goodie bags. There was nothing to break and every kid loves a book.

One year for my son's birthday we had a guy come and do a reptile show in our house. I found kids books about snakes and reptiles at Amazing Savings and gave those out as goodie bags. The books were $1.50 each. Any extra books I got I donated to the K-2 grade school library in my kids honor.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 10:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• Most teachers have so many knick-knacks cluttering up their desks, they'd prefer to have classroom supplies, gift cards, or parent volunteers, or are usually just happy getting a cookie or a cupcake too! :p It's nice of you to think of her. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:27 PM on Jul. 21, 2012