Part of God's plan?

Someone made a comment about the shooting and said it was part of God's plan. What confuses me is that people who say that and then turn around and say God is against abortion, doesn't make sense to me. Especially since one of the victims was three months old. Why is it a "plan" if a baby gets shot yet they're against abortion? Does that make sense?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2012 in Religious Debate

• I think you're mixing this up with george zimmerman. he's the one that said that,not this colorado guy

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:52 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• Umm George Zimmerman said it was God's Plan - obviously he is crazy as hell. The shooter in colorado hasn't said anything. And NO nothing about either of these events makes any sense.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• How would whoever said that know whether or not it was part of God's plan?

I think what they may have meant to convey is that whatever decisions the people of this Earth make, He is always working for the good in every situation.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• I think saying terrible things were a "part of Gods plan" is a way for them to sort of make sense of the situation, you know?
    some people believe that everything is a part of the plan...no matter if it is something good/ bad or otherwise

as for comparing the abortion thing with a random shooter...I don't know what to say-
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• *as for George Zimmerman's comment...it makes me SICK that he would try to justify what he did by saying that
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• All that gods plan crap is just a bunch of bullshit made up by man to explain away stuff they can't control or can't explain. I don't buy it, never did, never will!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• i don't think any of this, or any other evil, is part of God's 'plan'. His plan was for all to have eternal life..what man chooses to do, is man's own free will, or volition.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:08 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• another stupid asshole trying to presume what a god thinks/does/feels.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• Well, then it should be part of God's plan for the moron who said that to have a full frontal labotomy!! Please....
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• Yahweh knows His creations inside out, front to back, and past to future. In this knowledge he has already made reactions according to your actions. So if you do anything He has already planned on how He is going to react to what you have done. This is how everything is in Yahweh's plan.
    Yahweh already has a plan to deal with the man who murdered all those people. Yahweh has also planned on how He is going to care, and comfort those who lost loved ones in this sad event. This is from my understanding anyways.
    Nikkijr

Answer by Nikkijr at 12:39 AM on Jul. 21, 2012