Did you/do you have a SO that thinks and acts like this?

I don't even know what prompted this memory,but when I was living with my ex,Dan,he figured that all the housework was my job because i was the woman,even though we both worked 40 hr week jobs. We had quite a few rows over my not doing 'what i was told"
he'd go out of his way to make messes for me

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2012 in Relationships

• my ex couldn't even make his dirty clothes to the laundry basket 2 feet away, or put his dishes by the sink 5 feet away. he was a fucking slob and im glad i dont have to clean up after his stupid ass anymore. his mom took care of him his whole life and is doing it now again that he's a grown man. whatever- let her wipe his ass for him.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• My husband...although he doesn't try to make messes - he's just good at it.
    A few years ago we both worked 40 hrs/week plus I was the one commuting almost an hour each way and picking up/dropping off the kids etc. ALL the housework & cooking fell on me. ALL OF IT.

I got laid off in 2008 and have been a SAHM ever since. I told him if I ever do go back to work that he is taking over 50% of the housework.
    Tesserae

Answer by Tesserae at 10:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• no and I am glad he is your ex.
    my husband , cooks almost all meals, does the shopping most of the time, cleans WITH me, does laundry and works (I do to but I keep kids at home) and he takes care of the yard
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 10:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• No I could not tolerate that.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• No,My husband cooks,cleans up the house and does laundry....we do it 50/50.he does the yard and the grill where I don't!.If he was that mean to u I am glad he is your ex and not your husband....he probily don't have a wife....who would want to marry a guy like that?!?!?!
    mommyjenn29

Answer by mommyjenn29 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• no. i do 90% of everything but not b/c he dosen't offer to help, just b/c i'm too stubborn and ocd to take it
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 8:49 AM on Jul. 21, 2012

• No my hubby always helps , he will jump right in and start cleaning with me, I don't even ask him, I couldn't be with someone like that who expected me to do all the cleaning and even made messes for me..
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:48 AM on Jul. 21, 2012

• He is your EX for a reason I will guess? Some guys are from the stone age. My DH does not do house work. But I have made it perfectly clear for 23 years. If he thinks something is to dirty, either clean it your self or wait tell I clean it. I clean when I want to. I will not let even him tell me how or when to clean the house.

He tried that one time with the kitchen floor. He says "The kitchen floor needs sweeping". I told him the broom is in the closet right their, get busy. He walked away.   I  left it purposely dirty for a week  because he said that.

Answer by louise2 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 21, 2012

• Nope-when we both worked I did more of the house stuff- but he did help with it if I wanted or needed him to
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:05 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• My ex would clean but, only after complaining about how I didn't do it & exaggerating on about how much he did do. During our marriage & the 2 yrs we lived together beforehand (about 11 yrs total) he did the laundry once and cooked dinner 4 times. But, he would clean up the kitchen & the bathrooms about once a month and was in charge of the liter boxes.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:08 PM on Jul. 20, 2012