How Do You Stop An older cousin from bullying her your cousins?

My sons are 6 and 7 going on 8. They have a ten year old cousins who is my brother-in-law daugther and she likes to bully them a lot. I have to constanly tell her not to hit my sons because she is too big to be doing so and she needs to keep her hands off of them. And their are times where she will talk back when I do any suggestions ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2012 in General Parenting

• she should not hit them period regardless of her age
    what does your BIL say about it?
    if he is not going to dicipline her then you need to remove her from them or not allow her around them
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 10:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• He tells her he is going to whoop her if she does not keep her hands off them but he does if she does after he tells her that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• hit them again is what I meant to say
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:12 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• In my house it is my rules. I would tell her that if she can not keep her hands to herself or speak in a respectful tone she is going to need to remain at the kitchen table until she feels like she can and I would be consistent about it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:15 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• well I am not for or against spanking I dont do it but if she is hitting I would not think spnaking her would make a huge difference, oh look I got hit for hitting

I agree with Doc, if she is at your house ans she hits she goes to another room and satyas there.

no reason anyone should hit anyone period!
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 10:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• yeah I agree me myself I never understood how thought that was going to make her stop hitting I like Doc idea as well
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

• She's 10 & def. old enough to know better! Has she been bullied at school? If talking to her or your BIL isn't helping, then I'd say keeping her from your children until she learns to keep all hands, feet & objects to herself is very necessary.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 21, 2012

• What causes her to do this,what do they do to her to trigger this? does she do it for everything and anything? is she this way to everyone? does she treat her siblings this way?
    GivingTreeMommy

Answer by GivingTreeMommy at 2:23 PM on Jul. 21, 2012

• From what I understand yes her siblings get treated the same way when ever she gets mad at someone she the 1st thing she wants to do is hit them and it is mainly when she can not have her way or they will not do what she tells them to do
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:28 PM on Jul. 21, 2012

• I agree with But_Mommie
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 3:05 PM on Jul. 21, 2012