If you have proof that your partner, so/husband cheated on you

and your still together WHY are you still with him?? Did any of you go to counselling and still together? Any never in counselling and still together?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• I had proof. I told him and his gf that he was going to take care of me and our kids until I could afford to save up and get out then she could have him. That was many years ago. My SO does see other ppl but that was our agreement. We're not married so we've taken no vows to forsake all others. He doesn't throw it up in my face but when I find out he won't deny it. He just says accept me as I am or leave me. I think that's fair. He always comes back so I don't gripe anymore. I think he just like the chase more than what happens if he catches them!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I know someone who was cheated on by her boyfriend...  The proof? A child with another woman, who looks exactly like him...anyone could tell you that it was his kid, but this chick was so deep in denial.  Even though he admitted to cheating on her (though he lied about the circumstances and said he didn't think the kid was his), multiple times even, she didn't leave.  Pretty sure they're still together to this day...no counseling, just naivete.

Anonymous

• Not all the way cheating, but enough to hurt...and i forgave because of the reasons why he did it. He had a bad childhood (really bad) and so he constantly needed attention and validation that he was "wanted". The more girls that wanted him, the better person he was (in his mind). He only realized this after i caught him and threatened to move back home. He didn't know why he was doing it at first, but therapy made him realize why he did those things. I don't think he would've realized this without therapy and would've continued that behavior.
    Anonymous