Do you think a 22 month old can be someone you loved dearly but passed away before they were born?

Well my son is 22 mos old and when my father passed away feb 26th 2007...when I was 9 months pregnant. my father always showed a lot of interest in my pregnancy... and when my sisters were pregnant he never showed that much interest... he never rubbed their belly everyday.... like he did with me ..he was born exactly 2 weeks after my dad passed he was born on St.Patricks day. and now someetimes my son gets me thinking twice he's starting to show characteristics like my dad.... when he watches t.v. he makes the same face expression that my da used to make when he would watch t.v.,if hes laying down he crosses his legs just like my dad would do when he would lay down.... when he looks at me he has the exact same look as my dad would give me.....sometimes I tell my husband that I
think it might be my dad reincarnated.....I dont know i would like to see if anyone else is going through this too or went through this..PLEASE HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My friends little sister saw there dead gradma and talked to her and she passed before she was born...I thought that was a little spooky but hey God has his ways
    Anonymous

• IT could be that you miss your dad so much that you are LOOKING for things in your son that might remind you of your dad. It's always hard to lose a parent, but please just let your son be who he is ,,,,, your son. Don't put to big of an expectation on him because he reminds you of your dad. And he will have similar characteristic patterns because he is your dads grandson. KWIM. Have you seen anyone (professional) about the loss of your dad and how it has affected you? Good luck to you... and just remember, your dad is not in your son...but he is always around.
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 10:22 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i was told that if it was your father reincarnated, you would have had to concieved when he died. its probably your son seeing and playing with your father.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• and i dont think you're a nut job like pp thinks.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i personally believe that this is possible. I do believe in reincarnation, and Ive always believed the reason you can love a complete stranger (your child) with all your heart the moment they are born is because you know them. they are members of your family. i truly believe that souls are recycled in families and thats why the love is so strong. i know some people may think im nuts, but whatever those are my beliefs. So i think it is very possible. I sometimes wonder if my daughter may be part of my grandma. my grandma passed away two weeks before she was born also, and it just makes me wonder sometimes. so who knows!! wouldnt that be so cool if we were right?!?
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 10:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i don't think anyone said she was nuts. sometimes babies just have the same traits as family members cause they are part of them from being part of you. i was attracted to my husband cause his movements were similar and later i realized who he resembled, my youngest son. sometimes people just have the same movements and traits as others. they say that there is always another person that is your twin. i just don't believe in incarnation. to many souls in heaven already that need to come down. i don't think god would reincarnate people to over populate the world.
    Anonymous

• There are different beliefs about reincarnation and when a "soul" enters the body of a fetus/infant. So I guess it comes down to whether or not you believe it is possible that your baby didn't have a "soul" until the very last stages of your pregnancy. It's not what I believe, but that doesn't mean it's not possible. None of us really knows how it all works.

I think I understand your feelings. I had my son in 2007 just one month after my mother passed away. I think grief can make it very tempting to look for signs that our loved one has returned to us. But don't let that desire overwhelm the reality that your son is his own unique person. The similarities you describe could be a result of simple genetics.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• If you were already pregnant when your father passed then that would imply that a child has no soul until they are born, this is a hard concept for me to accept.
    Anonymous

• I agree with tnteaton. You're not crazy. We do reincarnate. But I don't think we incarnate that fast, unless we commit suicide (out of spite). Even so, I think that would be too fast a turn around. I would definitely guess that your son is playing with your dad. And when your son gets a little older, you may want to ask him about some of those things that he does. He may very well tell you that he's playing with grandpa.

God bless!
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 11:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• No, I do not believe we incarnate. My father passed away when I was younger. I dearly miss my father and love him very much. I have three sons and one daughter. Two of my sons are just like my father in many ways it is so scary, evern left handed like him. My husban and I are both righties. I know my father is up in heaven, but may have passed down his personality traits to them. At the same time I feel God allow this trait to be so strong in my boys because I miss my dad so much.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 11:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2009