Who remembers the late 80's/early 90's?

My friends and I were discussing our pre-teen years in the late 80's/early 90's....which got me to thinking.... who else would like to take a trip down memory lane?
Do you remember what you were wearing, listening to, eating, slang you were using?
Don't spoil the fun...share your memories and help others remember what they may have forgotten!!

All4Him615

Asked by All4Him615 at 10:23 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I loved my Paula Abdul cassette, lol. Boomboxes were a big thing in my neighborhood.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• lol.... i kinda remember the 90's.... i was born in 88'.....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I remember the 90's and a bit of the 80's. Good times. I remember playing with my friends in school and watching Barney as a kid for some reason...lol.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:30 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I vaguely remember the early 90's. I was born in 1988. I remember my first day of preschool in 1992 and my first day of kindergarten in 1993. I remember my jelly shoes and watching Muppet Babies and Fraggle Rock and Eureka's Castle. LOL.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I was not cool in my early teen years, lol. I graduated 8th grade in 1991 (so I was 14). I refused to get sucked into the silly trends I saw around me like the big hair and the tight rolled jeans and the multiple colored socks and layered shirts. I pretty much just wore plain t-shirts and jeans and my Nikes. My hair was always down or in a pony tail or I had it cut super short (like a boy's cut...that was in 7th grade).
    I did get into listening to New Kids on the Block (like who didn't, lol). Mostly I listened to rap and oldies...a very strange mix.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Ok, so those of you who have already answered this are making me feel very old; I was born in 1974 & graduated from high school in 1992. I remember the 80's and 90's very well. I had big hair that I would spend hours fixing using lots of teasing & hair spray. I had very colorful clothes, jewelry, and makeup. I listened to my cassettes on my ghetto blaster (aka boom box) which consisted of Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, Michael Jackson, Tiffany, and Debbie Gibson...just to name a few. I had a jean jacket covered on the front with lots of pins that had different sayings or logos on them, jelly shoes, stirrup pants, Hyper Color t-shirt, pegged jeans, LA Gear tennis shoes, and other really horrible clothing that was just so cool to wear back then. I watched the Smurfs, Strawberry Shortcake, and all of those great 80's movies. I played Pac-Man and lots of other games on my family's Atari; we did advance to a Nintendo. I could go on and on.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 10:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I remember NKOTB, Paula Abdul, Madonna, Bon Jovi, GNR,Tiffany, Debbie Gibson,Salt & Pepa, pinch rolling your jeans, sloutch socks, jelly shoes, reebok high tops, trapper keepers, boom boxes, Side pontytails, big bows, big earrings, big hair, Converse all-stars (mine were pink that folded down to gray!), Smurfs, Fraggle rock, Ninja Turtles, Nintendo (the REAL ONE!!), Roller Skating every weekend, skateboards, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm St., and my dad's 69 Camaro...That car was SOO cool!!
    All4Him615

Answer by All4Him615 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Yup, that all sounds so familiar and sooo scary. I have an old video of me, and I still don't want to show it to my kids! I am afraid they will tease me forever! My husband does!
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 10:59 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Milli Vanilli, Madonna, OMD, The Smiths, bandanas, bangles, several ear piercings, frozen yogurt, pegged jeans, Keds, sweatshirts with the neck cut wide open, SHOULDER PADS thank God it's in the past!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I think soccermom0002 must be my long lost twin....ditto on EVERYTHING she said! lol
    KateKevinAdopt

Answer by KateKevinAdopt at 11:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2009