Okay well she 17 and gonna be 18 in 4 months. She want to move out of my moms house, but she isn't gonna let her until she is of legal age. She has been trying to get her life in order for about a year now. She's been trying to get a job and save, but where she lives no-where is hiring. So she took her GED test 2 weeks ago and is waiting for the results. She is trying to become a little more independent.

My mom is just trying to keep her a little girl. She doesn't want her to leave.
She and i both understand that, but she need to grow up, and be free.
So I need help, I wanna move her into my house.
I'm secure in life, married, with two kid and i want to help her get her life in order.
I live about 30mins away from my moms house, and where i live there hiring!
I mean it would be a great opportunity for her, also she gonna continue her schooling.
Were gonna help her get her license, because my mom wouldn't even let her get the permit, because that would give her some freedom. I don't know anymore, but she is here right now and my mom said if she is not home on Wednesday she is gonna call the cops. I really think this is the best thing for her.
Please help me if you can?
Is there anything i could do that would make my moms consent not matter?
I mean its not like she is planning to move out on her own yet, or with friends, or so

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I'm not 100% sure, but I believe if your mom calls the police, they'll just report it as a run away. Since she is so close to being 18, I don't think they'll actually make her go home. They will come out and talk to her. You should call your local police department and ask what their protocol is for dealing with runaways. Explain the situation and ask what your options are.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Wait for 4 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I know legal age here to move out is 17
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 12:50 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• i ran away from home when i was 16 - just 4 months shy of 17. The cops picked me up and told me then.. if i really didn't want to stay at home - to just wait until i was 17 - then they can't MAKE you go home.
    So depending on where you live.. I'd call the cops and ask them what they thought - and make sure that since you are an adult - and technically she is a minor.. you don't want to get in trouble for "kid-napping"
    Anonymous