potential book?

Would you read this book?
Hello ladies- I am looking for some feedback. My family is not the typical family.I have recently considered writting a book and am wondering if it is something you would think would make a interesting read. We have seven children their ages range from 14 years to 4 months- 5 girls and 2 boys. Our youngest two are 4mths and 8mths. Four of my children are bio and three are adopted. We had our three oldest girls and then decided we would like to adopt a little boy- all of our adoptions are through the foster care system and all of our adopted children are bio siblings. The book would focus on our journey from three children to seven in three years time- our experiences both the joys and heartaches of the adoption process within the foster care system, our uniquie reletionship with birth parents and the challenges and fun that come along with raising a big family. I welcome your feedback

momof5now1more

Asked by momof5now1more at 10:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Adoption

• I would definatly read a book like that.
    Anonymous

• Guess it depends on how well written it is. just being honest here. I've tried to read some books before that seemed like they would be good but once I started reading I had to just stop because the way it was written was so...bad. Made me wonder who gave them money to publish it. Anyway, off topic... Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Wow, frogdawg. I guess my family wouldn't be featured in your book then. All of our children are the same color as my husband and I and the birthmother isn't in the picture because she abandoned her children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:39 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• frogdawg, I have read many of your posts and find your words, your tone, your attitude extremely condescending.

EVERYONE has choices....not just me. And I wasn't offended by your post. I was mildly amused by your always pious tone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• momof5now1more- I would read a book like that and I don't have any adopted children, but I like hearing about all kinds of families. Even if you write it and it doesn't hit the top seller list...what an acomplishment for you and it would be awesome to leave your kids. It would almost be like a journal so when they get older and have a greater understanding of having children they could go back and read your feelings and hardships and fun memories. You seem to have a very open and loving heart and I think you should start putting it on paper. Sometimes we are called to do stuff, but you may not know why or how it will end up...it is in your heart now...write it down or you may forget.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:22 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• frogdawg, I never said including birthparents was arrogant or pious. I said YOU seemed pious, arrogant, and condescending in your wording of almost every post you make. It's getting to the point that when I see your name asking a question or answering one, I usually skip right over them because I find you irritating to be honest. Maybe it's the way you always seem to have to announce your credentials and your *education* all the time...you know, tooting your own horn and whatnot. There are many, many others on here who are just as educated as you, if not more so, but don't feel the need to bring it up in every single post.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• OP, I think the book sounds good, but like some others said it would depend on how well written it was, etc. but I love the idea of it!! My daughters are exactly 6 months apart so I appreciate the challenges of having two infants that close together and it's not always easy to find others in my situation. I was blessed to find another mom through the adoption question section who also has girls 6 months apart so it's nice to hear of others going through what I go through on a daily basis!! :-)
    mommytoadam

Answer by mommytoadam at 11:05 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I've read quite a few from frogdawg also & I agree!

Anon:frogdawg, I have read many of your posts and find your words, your tone, your attitude extremely condescending.

Anonymous

• OP, I think that you are correct that your family consisting of full bio-siblings adopted out of foster care over the timeframe you have laid out would be a very good add to adoption books. Little is written on foster care adoption from the perspective of the families who care for and adopt these children. Sibling groups have always been tagged with the "hard to place" label and so your story would certainly help shed a real-life perspective on siblings adopted out of foster care.
    PortAngeles1969

Answer by PortAngeles1969 at 7:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Although it would be a great read, while being a foster parent, it is just wrong to publish these children's lives. The hurt that they could suffer, even if you put it as a fictional book, and changed names, situations, etc, then they'd still have to wonder so many things.

I do think that once they are all above 18, and they consent to the book, and have a chapter written by you, the mom, and then have the viewpoint of the kids, would be even better.
    sizesmith

Answer by sizesmith at 11:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2009