Would someone that knows what they're talking about please tell us if we're really getting another stimulus check?

I'm hearing so many different things and it's so annoying. I am not by any means counting on getting another check...I'm just wondering what's going on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Just to show you the tremendous waste, there is so much money appropriated in this bill you could give every unemployed person in the nation a check for $75,000 for the amount being spent.

NOW wouldn't that be a great alternative??!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 9:31 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• i think it is a tax cut instead. I dont think checks will be cut.
    Anonymous

• O! GOD! Not again...how many times will this question be asked??!! NO, NO, NO...we will not be receiving checks in the mail. IT WILL BE A TAX CREDIT.......IF his Stimulus package is passed.
    LilLizaJane

Answer by LilLizaJane at 10:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• yeah--we are getting a stimulus check--right up the rear end!!!!!!! Talk about a lot of pork!!!!! SO bend over and be happy you voted for Obama!!!
    Anonymous

• I just had my taxes done tonite and I asked and he said NO.....to the previous poster, you took the words right out of my mouth!!!
    Anonymous

• No, but I'm charging a $20 fee for each person who asks to make up for it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:50 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• OP here. Sorry you ladies seem to be SO annoyed by my question. Don't like it, don't answer!

FYI- I didn't vote Obama :)
    Anonymous

• I was reading on the Gawd awful stimulus package today. No, I don't believe there will be ANY more checks.... Not while Obama is in office and probably not for a long time even after he's gone. The stimulus has more spending on stupid crap (stuff that will not create jobs, stuff that will not put money anywhere except in the pockets of some CEOs and government , than it does tax cuts/credits. I'd expect for the giant amounts to eventually trickle down and actually hurt us way more than the tax credits that are being proposed is going to help; especially considering the tax credits are only for two years.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:30 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• The only way that you will receive a stimulus check is if you were qualified to receive one last year but didn't for whatever reason. This stimulus is about tax breaks and job creation.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 11:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• No, there will be no checks to the American People. There will be some tax cuts. Most of the Stimulus package on the table is heading towards the pet projects the Dems couldn't get passed the last 8 years. Some 6 million is to be paid for new cars for government employees, and 150 million dollars is to go for honeybee insurance.

Precious little can actually linked to job creation and economic growth.

Little will make it into the economy until the end of Obama's (first) term. The Senate began negotiations today to change some of the terms.

I hope that answers your question.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:14 AM on Feb. 3, 2009