Does anyone acualy belive Post partum depresion is a copp out??

Does anyone acualy belive Post partum depresion is a copp out?? I have met people that said they do and also did a poll in the new comers club and some people belive it IS a copp out. I was wondering Why do some people belive this? what makes you not belive in PPD?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Health

• I guess if you've never experienced it, then that's a good thing. I for one never have, not even the "Baby Blues" with either of my pregnancies. But we are all wired differently and it may affect some worse than others. So I think if you don't know what it's like and have never had it, then you shouldn't comment on it. Just my opinion.
    meetzycat

Answer by meetzycat at 10:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I never really believed it was a real thing UNTIL I experienced it. It has been the biggest uphill battle ever since I delivered my baby almost 7 months ago. I am on meds but sometimes I am not even sure those are always helping. Dont worry I am not going to harm my baby or anyone else. I just still deal with the depression that started about two weeks after having my daughter. Anyone that hasnt experienced it is really lucky. It is a very real thing and one of the hardest things in my opinion.
    Anonymous

• Whaaaat? It is absolutely NOT a cop-out.

I will tell you from first-hand experience that is is real. Whoever thinks it's not has obviously never been through it.

I'm so glad I'm going for my six week checkup tomorrow. I don't think I can deal with it one more day. It's so bad sometimes...that I wish I wasn't a mother anymore.

It is so real that it's terrifying.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• when i had my second baby, i got "sad" but i wasnt sad, truth be told i was scared. How could i love this baby as much as i did my first? God took that worry away very fast. I do believe that mothers get scared, they worry about there kids all the time( i do) i believe that mothers get stressed out. sometimes, moms just need a break, ( i have three and sometimes just getting to pee alone is a mirical in its self!) but i dont believe a mother who loves there child, new born,ect can think freaky thought of hurting ther kids and go throughwith it and then blame in on P>P>D! The BIBLE says that crying is good for the soul(not in those exact words) but I truly believe that some one who does this is EVIL, that the devil has just got control of there mind and its awful. if people would lay off the meds and hit there knees and pray and get right with GOD this mess like PPD would STOP
    jesussaves424

Answer by jesussaves424 at 10:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I have a friend who suffered postpartum with both of her babies. With her first daughter she would not leave her bed, just stayed in her room with her baby, cried for hours would not eat. It took her a lot of courage to go to the doctor and seek help. Her husband actually told her not to go because he feared their children would be removed. The doctor put her on prozc and she was feeling better in a few months. I don't know why anyone would Pretend to have post partum depression. There are other ways to get attention

Anonymous

• im not tying to hurt anyones feelings but this is the way i see it and i stand by it. i dont want anyone to think im tryingto be ugly, im not!! the bible also says that God will not give you anything you cant handle. it also says that if you ask in my name, it will be done, so if you are going through this, just PRAY GOd is there and HE will hear you and GOD does answer prayers
    jesussaves424

Answer by jesussaves424 at 10:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I believe it. I've never experienced it. I just had the baby blues, well i still do, but it hasn't gone as far as PPD. Off topic a little, but as for God answering prayers that may be true but he doesn't answer all.
    DiVine87

Answer by DiVine87 at 10:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• its very real and very scary
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• well jesus some people don't belive in "god"
    Anonymous

• GOd does answer all prayers he just may not answer them right then or HIS answer may be diffrent from what you want, Its in GODs Will not ours. as for not believing in GOD, im sorry you feel that way but if people choose to feel that way then i feel bad for them for the bible says all non believers will spend eternity in the firey torments of hell. But I believe and no i dont have everything perfect in my life my family and i are going through hard time right now but we are together, we do have food,shelter and our health really, other than "stuff" what more do we need? its up to people to believe or not BUT as for me and my family ,we choose to serve the LORD. I was just a sinner who was saved by GODs amazing Grace and even though you have never met me, i know what i was when JESUS saved me, HE also just saved my 7year old girl on 12/05/08. praise GOD for that!
    jesussaves424

Answer by jesussaves424 at 11:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2009