Can you get birth control right after birth?

I know this is odd cause I'm almost 7 months pregnant but I've been wondering about birth control after having the baby. Do I have to wait or... can I just get into the pill right away?

CandieGirl09

Asked by CandieGirl09 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Health

• i believe you have to wait for your first real period after locchia is done.

teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 10:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• You have to wait til your 6 week checkup with the dr. (And also if you are going to breastfeed, you can take a birth control pill, that will not pass in your milk.)
    Anonymous

• i had to wait till my 6 week check up. i guess it is so your hormone levels kinda normal out.
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 12:06 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• You don't have to wait for your first period, but you do have to wait for your 6 week check up. If I would have waited for my first period, I would just now be getting Birth control, and my son is 7 months
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 2:21 AM on Feb. 4, 2009