being induced tmr

im being induced tomorrow because im over due. i plan on haveing my baby with out pain meds this is my frist child. what should i expected.. thanks

dunaganbaby

Asked by dunaganbaby at 10:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• everyone is different, and pain levles vary for each person. the meds are definitely going to make your contractions very strong from the start. I dont know if you took any lamaze classes, but the breathing techniques seriously helped me! i didnt get a chance to take the classes, and when i was in labor, they had to use petocin on me (which is what theyll probably use on you) and the contractions were intense! My epidural did not work so i ended up having natural labor, and at first i personally couldnt handle it, but then my nurse taught me how to breathe through them and it helped so much! the over all experience will be tiring, but you will make it through it, even if you get to the point where you think youre too tired, somehow youll be able to pull through! everyone does! it is the greatest experience and you will love it! good luck!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 10:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Good luck and congrats on the new baby a little early! Don't feel bad if you choose to have pain meds later on. Your baby will be born healthy regardless.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 10:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Being induced is great! It makes it go by so fast! I had my first pregnancy induced and I was only in labor for 5 hours, and pushed for only 30 minutes. My boy is healthy and great and so am I. About the no pain meds thing I do not know how that will be. I choose to get an epideral as soon as I was 5 cm dialated and I am so glad that I choose to do that. Good luck and don't worry about tomorrow you will be great!!!
    Anonymous

• I tried this for my first & actually was fine for 12 hours with no pain meds but then I wasn't progressing & baby's heartbeat was becoming erratic so we had to do a c-section. I hope your nurses are good & not pessimistic like mine were. Good luck & congratulations!!
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 11:03 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I also decided to have my baby with no meds my doctor being in the room with me when I got my labs like blood taken out noticed that I would cry from that and she said that she would definetly support my decision but that she would have the anesthecialogist close by just in case I changed my mind and the pain was so bad I changed my mind. i have friends that did it with out drugs and they said they loved the experience of it. Go for it! But definetly let them know if the pain is to much to bare! My girls are healthy even though I had the epidural. I was told horrible story's about it and had a bad perspective about it but everything came out good.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 11:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• When I was induced I started contractions on monday morning around 9 and I didn't have my son til 4:36 the next day. After a little more than 24 hours of the contrations I got the epidural than everything was easy after that. Like the first poster said the contractions with pitocin are intense. I've heard alot of differant storys about people being induced so I hope everything goes good for you.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• You should know the risks. If your not over 42 weeks, you aren't over due. Inductions increase you risk of a c/s and if your body isn't ready the labor inducing meds can put both your baby and you in distress.

My induction didn't end in a c/s but I would never wish anyone else to go through it. Everything was just awful. It's a terrible, and dangerous thing to go through when you don;t need to,
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2009