Sticker chart...ideas for 2 and 4 year old

I printed out the dora weekly sticker chart, just not sure what 'chores' to put in the boxes Mon-Fri.

First and last one I put Brush teeth (morning & bedtime) leaves me with 3 boxes left, in another one I put clean up toys, and in another one it says pick up clothes and shoes.

I need some more ideas, I also want to do a behavior chart, for good/bad behavior, tried to google ideas, but didn't really like any of them.....any ideas on this also?

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 21, 2012 in General Parenting

• For this age group, I would keep to basics. The ideas you have for the chores sound good and age-appropriate. Behavior ideas should probably be based on things you have trouble most with your children. For instance, I have a 3 year old who likes to scream and a 4 year old who likes to whine, so "Screaming and whining" are met with one warning then time in the corner. The positive reinforcement in this case would be "talking it out" instead of screaming or whining earns a reward (in your case, a sticker).

So, find out what some of the issues you have most often with your children are and go from there. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 6:02 PM on Jul. 21, 2012

• Personally I think 2 and 4 are to young to be doing chores. Trying to get them to do alone. They can't even read the chart yet. It is more for you then them. If you insist. Make is simple thing like you said brush teeth, pick up toys. The four year old can try to make her bed. Help Mommy.

Answer by louise2 at 6:34 PM on Jul. 21, 2012

• for a behavior chart I would pick your most challenging activities:
    brushed teeth with less than 3 prompts
    got dressed with less than 3 prompts (you can use hash marks in the box for a visual warning)
    used words instead of screaming (screaming would get a hash mark 3 by bed time- no sticker
    kept my hands to myself (again with hash marks 3 loses sticker)

chores (I would use prompt hash marks here to)
    pick up toys
    keep cup in kitchen
    clothes in hamper
    pick up the livingroom ( pillows on couch? nicknacks in place? books on shelf?)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:36 PM on Jul. 21, 2012

• also consider visual cues for the actual chores and behavior chart.
    A tooth brush for brush teeth. A finger over a mouth for no screaming. toys in a basket for pick up toys. ect...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2012

• We do teeth, going to bed without a fight, taking meds, playing nice, listening, being good at supper, helping get ready for school, and if our three year old has been a good helper all week she gets bonus points. Points build up and they can pick rewards like picking a bedtime story, movie night, tv or ipad game time, nails painted, friends over, etc.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:23 AM on Jul. 22, 2012

• behavior chart
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:01 PM on Jul. 22, 2012