How do you....

Have a good relationship with your SO if you can't stand his two faced step-mother and her two faced daughter? All they do Is start problems, lie and manipulate EVERYTHING! and then when they get caught they turn you into the bad guy?

Anyone have issues with SO's family? how do you deal?

JacquiV

Asked by JacquiV at 11:06 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Thankfully, no.
    Anonymous

• no i don't either. maybe if you lived farther away would help. i think his family is glad to get rid of him and have me to take care of him.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• thank goodness no. At the very beginning they tried, one would tell me one thing and then another would come and tell me something close to what the other one did, but slight twists. pure gossip, I finally up and said, look keep your opinions to yourselves. so now they keep conversation pretty basic. and He knows . I'm just not going to put up with it, I did try but I don't have time for that kind of nonsense. good luck!
    Ibelucky1

Answer by Ibelucky1 at 11:48 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I'm very open and speak my mind, so if i catch them in a lie, then i'm going to bust it out in front of everybody so they can't back track. And they probably aren't ever going to change, so i'd just let it be known that YOU know that they are liars and YOU won't bother to listen to anything they have to say anyomre. Your SO can either accept that his step mom/sisters are liars and choose not to bother listening to their lies, or he will end up being lonely. (or stuck with a girl the steps like because she lies as much as they do)
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 4:06 PM on Feb. 3, 2009