Why do men act like this?

My husband said that the other day he was talking to my cousin and that my cousin, just out of no where, told my husband that his wife doesn't turn him on anymore. He said that she turned into a fat slob and that it suc*ed getting home to "that". He said he tried buying her a treadmill but she doesn't use it. And that he doesn't even want to get into the bed next to her. The thing is that my cousin has gained alot of weight too. He doesn't look like all in shape himself. What the heck? Doesn't he look at himself? & how cruel of him to talk that way about his wife, the mother of his kids!! I was so pissed off, I was even pissed at my husband!! Poor guy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• maybe that is why she let herself go cause heck if he can do why shouldn't she be able to. what a jerk. like he has the right to say anything, well men do need physical stimulation and it starts with their eyes. most women can still love their men when they get fat. although what he said was cruel and a total double standard.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Makes me NOT want to miss a workout.
    Anonymous

• Are you asking a question?
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 12:40 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Yes it sux, but as you pointed out it goes both ways, and your cousins hubby sounds like he needs a reality check himself.. maybe you should tell him to get them BOTH gym memberships and he will take the hint that he isn't exactly sexy either, and that may be why she let herself go.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:16 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Maybe you're pissed because you're in the same situation and your husband is trying to tell you something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:28 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Men are visual creatures. Women are emotional. And they want what they married. That's part of why he married her. Also men separate love and lust. Most women see it as one thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:09 AM on Feb. 3, 2009