About to go to a university in the fall and wondering about daycare for my child. Full time or part time?

So I start at the university in the fall and my husband will be going to culinary school in another part of town. My university does not provide daycare on campus, but my husband's school does and it's full-time only.

The way my schedule will work is that I will have classes during the day on Tuesdays and Thursdays with evening classes on M and W. My husband's schedule is an all day thing everyday and doesn't get out til four.

I thought about just having my 2 year old go to child care part time on the days I go to class and have her home on the days I go in the evening and she can be home fridays with me as well, but at the same time I'm not sure if I will be doing workstudy. So...it's all up in the air. Not sure what the best route is, I just don't want to enroll her full-time.

Thanks!

Gin_Sins

Asked by Gin_Sins at 1:31 AM on Jul. 22, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is there any way you could do night classes and your dh does his day classes and you won't need daycare at all? i know that is ROUGH, believe me dh and I did it for about 2 years but it really saved us money and my kids have never gone to daycare :-/ if not then maybe you can find a daycare/babysitter closer to your university that doesn't require full time enrollment but when YOU need it, like 4 hrs a day or only on Tues and Thurs or something like that?
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 1:50 AM on Jul. 22, 2012

• SHe loves going to day care and it's helpful for us, but I don't want her getting over-stimulated or institutionalized so young, you know? She went to day care when I was at community college and only went part time so I am trying to keep the same schedule if possible.
    Gin_Sins

Comment by Gin_Sins (original poster) at 1:56 AM on Jul. 22, 2012