New house, rooms, 3 girls different ages

Ok we've gotten a new house...4 bedrooms....a room for myself, My aunt(who is very ill and cant live on her own), then i have 3 girls, 7 years old, 3 years old, and almost 1 years old....now the 7 year old has made it perfectly clear that she doesnt want her own room...she wants to sleep in the same room as her 3 year old sister....they r very very close!!!!...and they have the same tastes in toys, movies everything...and that would mean the 1 year old will get her own room...oh might i add, the 7 year old doesnt live with us full time....during school we get her every weekend and summer every other week unless we plan an out of state vacation....any way...im being told that im rude, selfish and an evil step mom because i her father and i told her ok....like i expressed before my 7 year old has said herself to everybody that she would like her own room....family mostly my husbands side is stressing us out about this...what does everybody else think?? should we go with the family says or what the child wants???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Jul. 22, 2012 in General Parenting

• I will say this. Put all the girls in the same room. Sence the 7 year old is not their all the time. Use the other bedroom for a play room or tv room or both. That's what I would do.

Answer by louise2 at 8:37 AM on Jul. 22, 2012

• i'd go with what the girls want

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:47 AM on Jul. 22, 2012

• Louise has good advice as always. I'd say either all three in the same room or the two older girls as they both want.

Answer by Bmat at 8:48 AM on Jul. 22, 2012

• i wouldnt worry about what the family is saying, this is your home and none of their business who sleeps in what room.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:17 AM on Jul. 22, 2012

• I actually really like Louise' idea. Bunk beds, a toddler led and a large dresser in one room and a playroom with all the toys in it. Especially since the oldest is not there full time. In a few years when everyone is older- you can re-evaluate but for now I would go for a playroom!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:18 AM on Jul. 22, 2012

• btw i like the idea of all 3 in one room, too. i have 3 girls (5, 3 and 2) and right now the older two share a room and the youngest has her own. but the bedrooms are small and we have so many toys that i might actually consider having them all in one and making the other bedroom a playroom. we have bunkbeds for the older two but it actually has a third trundle bed underneath the bottom bunk.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:23 AM on Jul. 22, 2012

• We have 3 girls similar ages, and we are doing exactly what Louise suggested. Right now, the baby is still in a toddler bed in our room until she is sleeping through the night, and in the other room, we have a bunk bed with a full on bottom and twin on top. The girls have ALWAYS sneaked down so they could sleep together, so I figure why fight it. They lay the "wrong" way on the bed (instead of head at the top, feet at the bottom, they sleep sideways so it is roomy for them), and I figure when the baby moves in, my oldest can sleep on the top bunk and the two youngest can share. They have a long large dresser and a closet to store their clothes and shoes, and a bookshelf in there, but all the toys and stuff are in the toy room. I never have to complain much about their bedroom being a mess because they only really use it to sleep, and I can just close the toy room if I get sick of seeing it LOL.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:33 AM on Jul. 22, 2012

• i'd go with what the girls want ,r
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 3:55 PM on Jul. 22, 2012

• This is not a group decision - this is your family in your home, ie the family who lives in that house those are the ones who get a say.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 1:23 PM on Jul. 23, 2012