my doula says

so iv never been a very open person
i all most all ways keep my feelings and thoughts to my self
well my doula told me that i need to get alot of stuff off my mind
because it can stop labor if im thinking about something else
well that being said iv been trying to talk to her about stuff
and i trst her and everything
but i just dont feel like she needs to know every little thing that bothers me
so i told her that and she said that is fine ican tell family members
but i trust her more then most my family
so i was wondering if anyone know if wut she is saying is true about talking about wut is on my mind and wut is bothering me????

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 11:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes. Being distracted can cause a lot of problems during labor, including regression. You don't want to be stressing or worrying about other things, or someone, while trying to focus on giving birth!

It is best to get things out, and try and get over/work through whatever is bothering you because birth can be very emotional too.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• You will be amazed at the places your mind takes you during labor. I started thinking about the guy I wanted to have kids with before I met my husband. It's crazy. I think that your doula has a very good point. If you are uncomfortable talking to other people,try journaling. You get the thoughts out, and it can be very therapeutic.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 12:08 AM on Feb. 3, 2009