What brand of computer do you like the best?

I'm looking to buy a new computer, trying to decide between a tablet or swivel screen laptop. But I've only ever had an HP before. So, I figure y'all can tell me more about other brands or types of computers before I start really searching online, they're just so many to choose from. Thanks so much!

BUTTERCUP777

Asked by BUTTERCUP777 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2012 in Technology

• I'm a HP and Acer girl, DH has Dell and Acer; he got one because the one I have is really a nice machine. You can get some really good deals on Acers also.
    jdjamm

Answer by jdjamm at 11:51 PM on Aug. 13, 2012

• We are only Apple users, MacBook Pro and an iMac. My kids also have iPods. The Apple store is only 6 miles away if we ever have problems.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 3:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2012

• I have a Dell lap top & PC.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 5:52 PM on Jul. 23, 2012

• I love HP... Both of my desktop n laptops are HP's n I love them... My mom had a dell but it went up after only 2 years so now she's with HP and still kicking 5 years later... Lol... My dads laptops an ACER n it sucks cuz its too slow... Lol
    LilJenn82

Answer by LilJenn82 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2012

• Funny, Crafty, because my hubby is also a tech and he days Dells are crud! But then again, he has low opinions of anything that's not a Mac!

LOL He's in banking, the programming/networking end... and gets calls when tech supports tech support can't fix stuff and they don't use or support Macs... Dell gives them VERY good support b/c they are big money customers, so he likes them! I guess he's biased in that way.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:52 PM on Jul. 22, 2012

• Funny, Crafty, because my hubby is also a tech and he days Dells are crud! But then again, he has low opinions of anything that's not a Mac! Not that he's enthralled with the models now coming out, or with Mountain Lion. He's not happy about the idea of moving all storage to the Cloud.

OP, the last PC I had for work was an Acer, and I liked it better than the previous PCs I'd had. I've used Toshibas, IBMs and eMachines.

I have a MacBook Pro for work and I'm quite happy with it. Does everything I need with little problem. The one thing I can say: If you use a mac and need to run PC programs, use Parallels and NOT 2X Client. We're using 2X Client and it's awful. Last shop I was in had Macs on Parallels and they were *solid.*

Answer by gdiamante at 5:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2012

• I had an HP laptop, it sucked. Now I have an Acer. I love it. It's super fast, lots of memory, huge hard drive. Less than $500, too. I don't know if emachines makes laptops, but I have had 2-3 desktops by them, and they were all really good.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 4:59 PM on Jul. 22, 2012

• DH is in high level tech... they swear by Dell!!! HP is CRAP... plus they are getting away from PCs and moving more toward printers now. Personally i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Dell Inspiron laptop and HATE, HATE, HATE the Mac I have to use at work!!!!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2012

• I'm an Apple girl. We've had them for years. Now I have an iPad and LOVE it.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:32 PM on Jul. 22, 2012

• It's cheaper to build your own. Much cheaper. Newegg can help you do that.

BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 3:15 PM on Jul. 22, 2012