Problems with LeapPad Explorer? LeapPad 2 coming in August?

We have had nothing but problems with the LeapPad Explorer that we bought for our son. It eats batteries like crazy, sometimes won't come on, and we've only had it a couple of weeks. I took it back to exchange it, but there were no on the shelves in 2 stores. I came home to look it up online, and sure enough, the LeapPad 2 is coming. Will this one be better? With 2 camera and 2 video recorders? I'm wondering if that's not what's eating the batteries so quickly?

I'm thinking of going back to the Leapster Explorer he had before. We replaced it after someone took his. :(

doodlebopfan

Asked by doodlebopfan at 4:28 PM on Jul. 22, 2012 in General Parenting

• I have a leapster explorer its worken awesome sons had it since Christmas but we spent the extra cash on the rechargeable battery and charging base was well worth it never have a issue. We also bought the camera for it and the case. It the same thing as the leappad but it looks more like a DS. I expect the same from the leappad tho :) my nephew has the leappad and has no issue.
    LostInMyMind

Answer by LostInMyMind at 4:41 PM on Jul. 22, 2012