I want just experiances with Tattoo's while pregnant

I would like to know IF you got a tattoo while you were pregnant, not what you think of doing it while pregnant or how you hear that it was bad. All I want is to hear form people who got tattoo's while pregnant and how far were you and how did it go ANY complications. Thanks so Much!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i got a tattoo when i was pregnant..it was in alabama and i was like 6 or 8 wks...we werent going to tell them but of course my mother doesnt know how to keep her mouth shut..this particular shop said they'd do it up to 20 wks..im from cali and when all the shops i went to out here found out i did it preggo, they all said i was nuts for doing it.. my tattoo healed fine and my daughter is fine but you can get an infection which can harm your baby..of course you can get an infection even if you're not pregnant..they just say you should wait to be on the safe side till after pregnancy. im waiting this time around till after my newest daughter is born to get another one... here's a helpful link w some info on it.. http://www.amazingpregnancy.com/pregnancy-articles/534.html
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:38 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• i got one but i didn't know i was pregnant at the time and he couldnt belive how bright the color in my tat was
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 12:16 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I have a friend who got one and the thing didn't heal very well at all.. that's what stops me from getting one. The ink itself wont effect the baby but your body responds a lot differently to things while pregnant so tattoos may not heal right, get infected easier etc. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:18 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Im glad you asked this because I thought you COULDNT get a tattoo while pregnant. I guess people will always have their opinion...I dont think it could hurt the baby from what the others have said...but I would call a shop and ask them
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:22 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• u should not get one when ur prego for the color should fade my friend is a tattoo artist and he says its not good to for the tattoo dose not take to its full potential
    thats why he was amazed at the color i had in mine he never seen anything like it in all his years
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 12:22 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• my dr said the only bad part of getting a tattoo while pregnant is the chance of hiv/aids virus from the needle and cleanliness.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:31 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• p.s...not alot of tattoo artists are for giving pregnant women tattoos.
    tnteaton

• most make you sign a waiver saying you arent pregnant. well the artists i've been to have
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:09 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• they also say the adrenaline from getting a tattoo can send u into labor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I had a tattoo done when I was around 7 weeks pregnant. I had no clue that I was pregnant...not even a inkling. During the tattoo I was shocked at how exceptionally painful it was...more so than others I have. And after, I broke out in a horrible rash (my body breaks out in a rash if I sneeze in the wrong direction) and it took FOREVER to heal. Had I known I was pregnant, I would have never subjected myself to it. I don't think that 9 months is to long to wait...
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 8:57 AM on Feb. 3, 2009