Can I get tips on siblings sharing a room?

My son who is 3 just had his brother 1 move into his room. I am having a very hard time getting them to adjust that its bedtime and not playtime. Any tips? They will be greatly appreciated. Please and Thank you :)

sexymomma212004

Asked by sexymomma212004 at 12:33 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• Watch Super Nanny???? lol I dont really know but I would think as long as it was routine than they would start getting the hang of it.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 12:47 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• You might try putting the kids to bed and reading a story to them. Make this the only time for a certain book. I read all of the Harry Potter stories and some of the Tolken stories to my kids putting them down. That would be my suggestions.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 6:41 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My kids have been sharing rooms for almost their entire lives and I still haven't figured how to get them to bed without thinking it's play time. They end up in trouble every single night and they are old enough to understand it is bedtime and that they will get in trouble (they are 8, 7 and 6).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:03 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Im still trying to figure that out and mine are 4 and 2 now, they are usually too tired at bedtime to play, but they do have a fit during naptime, i was actually thinking about moving one of them out, but i would have to switch the playroom into a bed room. My youngest son doesnt go to sleep until a hour after my oldest son, and he stays up talking loud, and just being a toddler, so now i dont take him into the room until after they are both sleep
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 9:16 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My girls are 3 and 4 and I let them talk until they fall asleep. I just didn't see any point in fussing at them for however long it takes them to fall asleep. They just can't get out of bed or talk to m eif I am in the hallway. It usually takes them 15 or 20 minutes to fall asleep.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:03 AM on Feb. 3, 2009