Have you ever fell in love with two men at the same time?

I love my husband always will. I have been with him for 10 years.
I went on this contract job never expecting to do anything more then work and eventually come home. I met a very good friend who I fell in love with.
Just wanting to know if its ever happened to someone else and what did you do about it.

Luckybear05

Asked by Luckybear05 at 12:37 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• I was married when I fell in love with my SO who I now have a baby with. I was going through a seperation and me and my now SO worked together. I have never done that before and regret it now but I dont regret my beautiful daughter and I never will.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• are you sure it's not lust?
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:53 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Can you see yourself without your hubsand?
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 12:56 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I have been but not while married. I think you love them by making a choice. And when I said my vows I promised I would never go there with another person. The grass isn't always greener...
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:18 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Of course, it is possible to love many people, all at the same time. The kind of love in a marriage is different, however, in that it involves total committment to one person. So, no, you cannot love two different people like that at the same time. You can be physically attracted to two men at the same time, but you cannot be committed to both of them at the same time. You have allowed your physical attraction to another man to distract you from the committment that you should have toward your husband. The longer you entertain these thoughts, the more you are endangering your marriage. Just because thoughts about the other man come into your head doesn't mean you have to entertain them. You should be replacing them immediately with thoughts of only your husband, to whom you are committed. To do otherwise is to jeopardize your marriage.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:29 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• well i live with someone that i thought i loved- then i met up one day with someone who knew an old BF of mine... long story short we have been seeing each other for 5 months now and he says he loves me. The love i thought i had for my SO is there but i guess if i can cheat on him then i am not truly in love with him. And my BF is certainly not as attractive as my SO so i can't even say it is lust. i do know that the feelings you are having lead to a ton of other issues- i am struggling so hard to figure out what i have one and why i have done it.. who do i really love? my first guess is NOT myself.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Of course you can love two people at once, but you love them for different reasons. I love my DH but I also love someone else even though I would never divorce my DH I feel in time this other person and I will be together.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Theres loving someone and then theres being IN love with someone. IMO you can only be IN love with 1 person at a time, because being in love is giving your whole heart to that person. But, i feel that you can love lots of people. So, are you IN love with your hubby anymore? If not, then maybe you should move on. But, remember, lots of enviornments where we work closely with someone can lead us to feel a false sense of intemacy. Are you sure you're IN love with this other guy? Or is he just a distraction from your marriage and the thought of "new" love making you feel more strongly than you really do?
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 3, 2009