i havent' had a exam done since i was like 26 weeks???

i havent' had a exam done since i was like 26 weeks??? I think thats when it was. . When is it typical to do another one. Somebody told me38 weeks but im not sure

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they'll check your cervix to see if your dilating during your routine checkup. if they didnt do it last apt they'll definately do it now. and if you havent started going weekly yet, tomorrows appointment will be the first of weekly until you deliver. they'll check your cervix every appointment from now on.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:48 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• why did you have an exam done at 26 wks? and what kind of exam are you referring to? they dont start pokin and prodding around untill about 36wks
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:43 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• dont remember the reasoning for the 26 week exam i think i was in pain. . . but everything was fine. . Im now 37 weeks and going in for my next appointment tomorrow but they just have me scheduled for a routine checkup. . . You know, just the weight, blood pressure and normal peeing in a cup. lol. Im just really anxious to find out more info
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• thats the wierd part. . Ive been going weekly for the last two weeks already. . Maybe they'll do it tomorrow then. It would be nice to know cause im going out of town this weekend.. (Only two hours away) but will definately stay home if im starting to dialate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Vaginal Exams really aren't necessary, they don't tell you anything. If you want it, get it, but they aren't needed. Usually its anytime after 36 weeks. Not worth the pain in my opinion, especially for something that doesn't tell you anything at all.

With my daughter I got a cervical check at 37 weeks, and didn't get another one. I have never heard them doing that at every appointment. Eww... hands don't belong in a vagina like that :/
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:59 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• If vaginal exams arent neccessary. . .How would you know if you were dialated or effaced?
    '
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My Dr. Only Does them In The Very Beginning And The Last 4 Weeks
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 1:11 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• you don't need to know lol. I know people who have had the exams, were dilated to a 4 and 75 percent effaced and didn't go into labor until a week later. then I know people who had the exam weren't dilated at all, and went into labor the next day.

You don't need to know dilation or effacement, it doesn't tell you when labor is going to happen at all and is, in my opinion, useless information.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:14 AM on Feb. 3, 2009