Do you send thank you cards?

My mom always tells me to send thank you cards. I always do but I never get any when I give people something. Is this old fashion? My friend always makes fun of me saying that I always verbally tell them and than I week later I write them a little note just to remind them that I really do appreciate it.

Kenzies_momma

Asked by Kenzies_momma at 12:54 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hahah my mom always did that and I always had to do it too. So ya I still do it lol!
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 12:55 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I don't. I know I should, especially when it's something from someone I rarely see. But my grandmother was a tyrant about thank you notes and I just have this mental block against them now. My grandmother took me to New Mexico once and when we got back I thanked her and my grandpa. He remembers this. But I didn't write a thank you note. She threw such a hissy over it that my mother and her didn't talk for about six months.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 12:58 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• i do it
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:06 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• honestly, its good manners... it shows that you are still a true lady... anyhow can say thanks, but how many actually sit down, and write a thank you note... i do... and i even make my own.... if you dont take the time, then why should someone take the time to buy you something nice... or even something at all... i appreciate everything... a gift is a gift... just depends on the level of thank you, that you want to give... good for you for sending one out...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:16 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I always make thank you cards (I love Stampin' Up). My sister makes fun of me for doing it.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 1:16 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• i do if it's for something like my baby shower or something like that.. or thank you's for family parties that involve gift giving or helping.. normally I send people nice pics of said occasions, with a nice note built into it.. thanx to photoshop :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:29 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Yes, I do. I was never permitted to cash a check, use cash or use a present until I wrote the thank you note. I think it's appropriate and it's something I teach my kids. It's not "old fashioned."

It is simply good manners.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 1:33 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Gosh, I never do it! But you reminded me I have to send one to someone! My definition of when you send a thank you card: When someone who has no reason or gain to do something for you but YET! they do it! And when someone does something for you truly from their heart. My brother has been divorced for 10 years now but stays in close contact with his ex-bro-in-law (who is a film maker) this guy surprised him with a beautiful video set to music of his kids when they were tiny and toddlers.
    I made a comment about how my baby (now 10) was in certain shots with my dearly departed daddy in the video holding my son at 1 yr. and I have no video of that! Low and behold I was surprised with a copy, I cried. This guy deserves a card and a hug for capturing moments I never knew existed on tape.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:42 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• i do..its the nice thing to do!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:31 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I always do. Even if I rarely get one myself. It's a nice thing to get use to doing.
    cromero1975

Answer by cromero1975 at 4:48 AM on Feb. 3, 2009