My 6 1/2 month old will out of no where start wailing. He burps and then cries or will try to go to sleep and cries. He's NEVER done this before. He acts like his stomach is hurting him. What can i give him or what should i do? I'd prefer natural rememdies, but any advise is good! I did give him new food (millet) this evening but he only had about 3 bites of it. Would that be enough to hurt his stomach?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try Gripe Water. They are mostly fennel and peppermint - both have a long, well tested history for treating upset tummies.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:06 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• when my lil 6 month old has a tummy ache.. i usually heat up a warm towel and lay it across his tummy... it works everything.. give it a try.. gl!!
    maxi169

Answer by maxi169 at 2:11 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• mylocon drops to the rescue !! also hylands makes a natural remedy for colic. might work for you. if not ask your babys dr. peppermint candycanes soked in water for 5 min....give baby water will help too....not as effective as other methods though. good luck.
    allforthelove

Answer by allforthelove at 4:47 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My son had acid reflux since he was born. We had a prescription, but for when his tummy was really bad or hurt him, the doc had me give him 1/2 tsp. mylanta.........works like a charm. It is not bad for them either, he said as often as i needed to give it, but i followed the recommended maximum doses on the bottle. It works in a manner of minutes to maybe 30 minutes. Call your doc if you feel uncomfortable about this, but i have had to deal with stomach pains and acid for 5 yrs now with him.
    boy_or_girl

Answer by boy_or_girl at 9:51 AM on Feb. 3, 2009