about to have my baby and i think i might be kinda really depressed

ok so it seem to only haeen when im alone and or start to think
and then after that im like stuck in this state of sadness
like tonight i went to go n myspace and they have that thing about the end of the world in 2012 and then i started to think my baby wont be able to live her life
then i started to think about my baby and a bunch of other stuff
now im really upset and nothing can see to get me out of it and im ean nothing that normaly would
does anyone have advice on how i can get out of this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, first, stop reading "End of the World" sites. **smile** Christ said NO ONE knows the hour. Anyone who says they do is being very presumptive. I think God keeps putting the end of the world off to teach the presumers a lesson.

I don't know how old you are, but I was born in 1963, during the height of the Cold War. I remember nuclear attack drills. I remember "Alas Babylon." I remember being desperately afraid during the 1980s that we were going to be in a nuclear confrontation. I remember everyone being terrified of a global meltdown on 1/1/2000.

But we're still here. Life does indeed go on.

{{hugs}} Some fear is normal. Some worry is normal. If you think it will keep you from functioning then do talk to your doc.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:47 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I understand hon, I don't get depressed necessarily but I get super worried and anxious about stuff when I let myself. The only ways I have found to deal with it are 1 pray and 2 talk to my husband about whatever is freaking me out. Try finding someone that will just be your listening ear, they don't have to fix anything, you'll just feel better once you get it out. Don't feel silly! If you can't think of anyone you wouldn't be embarassed to talk to then feel free to send me an email. I'd be happy to help you take a load off :) Good luck
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:25 PM on Feb. 3, 2009