Carpal Tunnel

So I had to go to the orthopedic Dr yesterday for my hand(I have a ganglion cyst on my wrist.) So I thought the cyst was causing irritation to my wrist and hand(Boy was I wrong). Come to find out I have carpal tunnel syndrome. He said that I have swelling in my hand that is restricting blood flow to my tendons in my wrist because I am retaining a lot of water. He said that it will go away once I have the baby. I told him that I don't sit at a computer all day. I'm a chef and I explained that to him and he told me that chefs get carpal tunnel too because of the jerking motions we use when we are cooking. He then told me that I now have to wear a brace until I give birth to minimize the discomfort and pain. I was wondering if any other moms have been diagnosed with CTS while they are/were pregnant?

Princessstar024

Asked by Princessstar024 at 1:28 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Health

• I don't have carpal tunnel but I do have tendonitist. The brace will help relieve the pain and pressure tenfold. I usually wore mine at night cause my job didn't allow me to wear it during work.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:18 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• No, but I do have a ganglion cyst on both wrists and it used to sit right on a nerve and pain would shoot up and down my arm. I finally had it removed.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:52 AM on Feb. 3, 2009