MY DAUGHTER IS GOING TO TURN ON THE 28TH OF THIS MONTH...I STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I CAN DO FOR HER BIRTHDAY....I DONT WANT A BIG PARTY BUT I STILL WANT TO MAKE IT SPECIAL...ANY IDEAS? WHAT DID YOU LADIES DO FOR YOUR KIDS ON THEIR 1ST BIRTHDAY?

ABBY90

Asked by ABBY90 at 1:58 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We got tog w/ fam. I orderd him a cake and we did cake and ice cream and presents!
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 3:34 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I don't know how warm it is where you live but we took my daughter to the zoo and had cake there with family. I've been to a lot of parties where they get together have cake/ice cream and thats it. Sometimes they've included sandwich meat or a cook out but you dont have to do that. You could also just go some place like chick fila and have your family all come there and have a party. That way you don't have to cook or clean. Plus, they can have fun in the play area assuming there are other kids.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 6:10 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• my daughter turned one on Thanksgiving day, so we were all together, even my in-laws came to my mom's. I put balloon bouquets by her high chair. on birthdayexpress.com, I found a "skirt" to decorate her highchair, I had a "crown" cake pan I used for her cake. I opened her presents, she had no interest. Acutally by the time we had cake she was only wearing a onesie, she had had enough of the dress.
    Happy birthday to your little one
    chuggerboysmom

Answer by chuggerboysmom at 9:24 AM on Feb. 3, 2009