who here HAd pre eclampsia during their pregnancy?

im once again being checked for it because my swelling is so bad and ive gained 6 lbs in one week :(

im nervous... who here had it?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:59 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had it. How far along are you?
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:24 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• 38 1/2 weeks.. they checked a few weeks ago for it because im swelling so bad and now they are again because i gained 6 lbs in a week of water weight and my swelling is even WORSE!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:36 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• ugh! Not fun. When I was pregnant my husband called me Shrek. I didn't have cankles . . . I had thankles! It was awful. My legs looked like tree stumps. I didn't actually have pre eclampsia until my 40 week.

Just think, this is the only time you will be able to be really fat and enjoy it! I gained 55 lbs when I was pregnant. But I lost about 40 lbs in 5 weeks. It was mostly water weight. lol
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:39 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• yes! thats what i have.. THankles!! from my thigh to ankles... is swollen my pants will fit when i put them on but when i start swelling they get tighter....

it sucks...

were you nervous about it when you found out u had it? what were all oof your symptoms? and did u have to be on bed rest at all?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:42 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• The last week of my pregnancy I could only wear flip flops. I was were working in a really corporate job. We weren't even supposed to wear open toed heals! I felt so weird.

I had major swelling (obviously), my body stopped processing proteins, and my blood pressure shot through the roof! Since I had entered my first week, my midwives decided to have my labor started. I didn't get to think about it much. I went from my appointment straight to the hospital. When I got to the hospital, I was on bed rest and could not have any visitors except for my husband. Which was fine with me. I didn't want an audience. My midwife said I would most likely have to have an epidural to keep my blood pressure down. However, we kept the lights low, stayed relaxed, and everything went fine. So I didn't need one.

I wouldn't be too nervous. I am glad that doctors/midwives watch for it, but it is easily handled now days.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:50 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I got it around 37 weeks. They won't put you on bedrest that late they will just induce. But, I did have to have the blood pressure IV meds after my daughter was born. IT WAS AWFUL, it made me hot, I couldn't get up. I think I am getting it again, I am swelling a lot and my BP is elevated maybe my dr will indice on Thursday, I'll be 37w5days.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:23 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I had it with my first daughter when I was 36 weeks along. I had all of the signs and symptoms for it, but the protein in my urin never escalated. Once I was admitted to the hospital for some other reasons they checked my blood and immediately induced me. I was very scared. Now that I am pregnant again, they will no longer be going by my urin samples, they are just going to check my blood again. I hope the best for you.... That's the worst thing someone can go through! Good Luck
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:34 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• my best friend had it at 35 weeks. she was having twins and went in for her weekly NSt and her bp was so high she should have been having a stroke but she said she felt fine. they induced her 30 minutes later. she felt dizzy and had blurred vision...took about 2 weeks post delivery for it to all clear up. the dr said it was the worst case he has ever seen.
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 10:27 AM on Feb. 3, 2009