Okay quick question

Today my SO said that he hates when he gets home and I just wanna talk and ask him questions about everything and it drives him nuts, okay fine, but then he said to just not talk to him until he talks to me, and that most guys are like that is that true or is he just an a$$hole?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• hes an ahole
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:02 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• mine does that too.. its really mean and even if more than one guy says this to their gf it is still messed up and disrespectful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• he's not an asshole... Alot of guys need that time when they get home. we just had this conversation at church with a bunch of married couples and they all agreed. Give him an hour...maybe from the time he gets home until dinner time. It's like our "me time" we like to have.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:20 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• If this is the worst thing that you can complain about in your SO, then you are pretty lucky. Some guys just need some quiet time when they are tense. At least he is communicating what he needs and isn't just ignoring you or being mean.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 2:26 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I know that had to tick you off. It would me too but at least he is being honest and it's not too much to ask. Men are not that great at choosing the best words to get their points across. Otherwise they would be women..
    If that is his only flaw don't worry about it. Just give him his time to unwind then he will warm up to you.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:47 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• There could be 1,001 things going on. He is the only one that can say for sure. Next time he is up for talking explain that you miss him all day and can't wait for him to get home. Then ask why he doesn't want to to talk to him, my DH loves when I ask about his day (even though I already now "It was just like any other, with mild variation) it shows him I am interested.
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 2:49 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• He probably just needs time to breathe. To shake off everything that goes on at work. Kiss him hello, let him sit down and eat, then I'm sure he'll be fine.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:05 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My DH is the same way. But think about it. Walk out of the house and have a nice quite time then walk in the house and have the kids jump in your face and yelling and I need this and you will get flustered. Say hi and tell him when dinner will be ready or what ever and let him go get accustumed to being home again. I bet that it will not be to long before he is talking to you. Sounds like yall communicate just fine.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 7:22 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I work 12 hour shifts when I come home from work I like a little time to chill out,so give him a little space and see if that helps out the situation.If it becomes an all the time don"t bug me I would get concerned and ask him what the deal is.
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 7:58 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I don't start bothering my husband until after he has been home for awhile. I am a SAHM, he works. When he gets home he gets tackled by the kids so, I wait for everything to settle down before I start in on what I need to talk about.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:36 AM on Feb. 3, 2009