HELP my daughter put 25 hours

of long distance on our house phone we have cox cable and telephone and idk how much it will cost i dont have the bill on hand so i can't look she called to IN from Ca and From Ca To OH for only one hour the 24 hours were to IN from ca how much will this cost ! please help

Patience1

Asked by Patience1 at 2:16 AM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• why cant you just get a new bill?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• the avg ld rate is .10/min= $6/hour x 25hr=150. I would have her pay it and then I would get and LD block on my phone
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 2:37 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Call the phone company. They can tell you.

I have a Verizon bundle that gives me nationwide long distance for free. Maybe you have something like that?

Answer by gdiamante at 2:41 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• she wouldnt be using the phone for a long time. i know that and gdiamante. your long distance is not free. i used to work for MCI and it absolutely drove me nuts when someone said oh i have free long distance. a normal phone bill with no long distance just basic service is like 25.00 a month your total bill is probably around 60 or 70 a month which means you are paying for long distance it maybe unlimited but you still pay a month to have it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• call Cox and check on your service plan...I work for Comcast and we have two different plans for long distance. 1 is unlimited long distance (US, Canada, Puerto Rico) those call are free. The second on is $0.5 a min. I would assume that Cox has a similar plan.
    MysticFerret

Answer by MysticFerret at 11:02 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• DD should be responsible to pay for her own calls on your phone bill. Give her a copy of the bill and tell her she will have to pay it. Hang tough, Mom!
    happiday

Answer by happiday at 11:14 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• call her service carrier they will know

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 5:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• call the cable company or get online and check the acct

Answer by admckenzie at 6:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• She'd be responsible for the portion of the bill she ran up, and I'd have long-distance removed from my phone features.

Not only that, she'd be on phone restriction. For a looooonnnnggggg time. All she'd get from me for the next 3 months is two cans and a string.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 9:34 PM on Feb. 6, 2009